Friday, June 15, 2012

Scuba, Yoga, and an Upset Chi

Afternoon!

I slept in, and it was wonderful. This morning I had cats driving me nuts and after I fed them and locked them out slept for 3 more hours. It's awesome. As for yesterday, it wasn't super exciting. I'm getting back into yoga/pilates. We bought a mat the other day, and one yoga routine made my back about 90% better. Yes. Plus, fitness is important for the end of the world. I'm not talking about running, but just having the ability to lift objects and do those harder chores will do wonders for you. I'm not runner, and I don't think that running to the point of hating life will be good for me. Find an exercise you like and just stick with it.

I'm also doing my first scuba dive tomorrow. It's not anything fancy, but I want to learn how to do it, and this will give me a good feel what it's like to have all the gear on while I'm swimming. I'm doing it with Raquel's mom (for those who don't know she's a blogger who writes about her daughter's life) and we're super excited! Our husbands have been roommates all through their careers in the military, and now all of us live across the pathway from each other. We're hoping to keep it that way and really be able to go out together and do tons of cool things, like rock climbing and now scuba.

No word from the places I've applied at, and I'm really starting to lose hope on ever getting a job. My experience has really ruined my chances of actually getting anything and no ones wants the girl who's moved 3 times in the past 3 years and is a ghost on paper. Oh well. I'll keep trying, but it's really disheartening.

So, it's Friday, my husband is at work and the people who are supposed to fix our car continuously try to get us to bring it early in the morning. My husband is the car guy, so he needs to go with me to make sure they actually fixed the problem, instead of just putting a temporary fix on it, but he's either working or sleeping in the wee hours of the day, and that's the only time they ever offer us the chance. Ugh.Oh well, c'est la vie.

So, what are you excited about?

-PrepperKat

No comments:

Post a Comment